That was Jonathan's favorite breakfast. To me, canned corned beef tastes like dog food smells- but he loved it! Jonathan loved to go out to eat. While he loved to cook, equally he loved to go out to breakfast or brunch or a nice dinner. On the Sunday before the accident we went to Le Peep. Jonathan wasn't too happy because he wanted the 'usual' breakfast and Le Peep does not have corned beef hash. Instead, he got the breakfast burrito. He liked that too.
Jonathan constantly made me laugh. I think that's one of the first things that attracted me to him- his awesome sense of humor. We shared a very similar sense of humor. Often, when we would go out to eat and Jonathan would clean his plate, the server would ask how everything was. He would either say, "oh- not very good." The server would laugh when they looked down at his empty plate. Other times, Jonathan would say, "Someone came by and ate all my food (or stole all my food)." I think the servers got a kick out of that, too. Maybe they just laughed to get a bigger tip but it always made me smile.
Sharing meals together was our 'quiet' time. We would talk about what was going on in our lives. We would hope and dream and love and laugh. I think I will have Jonathan's breakfast one of these days and I will remember and I will smile deeply.
No comments:
Post a Comment