"He whom we love and lose is no longer where he was before. He is now wherever we are." -St. John Chrysostorn

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Food, Inc.

If you have never seen this documentary, I strongly recommend it: http://www.takepart.com/foodinc
Jonathan and I ate organic and local as much as possible. I still do. Jonathan would have really liked this documentary. It opens your eyes to how food is processed and how it gets to our grocery stores, as well as what is in our food. Did you know that chickens are dunked in chlorine and meat filler has ammonia in it? Uck. I never want to eat at a fast food restaurant again. The nice thing is that it doesn't use scare tactics, just straight facts and videos. It made me wish I could have watched that with you, Jonathan. I think about all the things we shared a passion for: the outdoors, the garden, eating good, quality food... I miss you terribly. I miss my best friend. It will almost be 8 months soon. I just cannot believe that. I miss you every second of every day.

2 comments:

Kim Vanous said...

Umm... I went to Taco Bell last night, the day after watching it- had no problem enjoying my wonderful meal. I think Jonathon was known for some TB runs with Topher and Ryan-
All in moderation that's the key!

Lindsi B said...

Ha! Kim you are funny!

Brie-
I saw this movie and it was EYE OPENING to say the least. I have shared it with a few friends and family too...it has really changed my thoughts about WHERE we get our food.

Post a Comment