On November 24, 2009, my whole world changed. My best friend of 8 years and husband of 5 years was in a tragic car accident and lost his life. Along with his life, mine seemed to go with. This blog is to capture memories of my life with Jonathan and to write about what life is like now that he's not here.
"He whom we love and lose is no longer where he was before. He is now wherever we are." -St. John Chrysostorn
Monday, June 21, 2010
Pokey
So- I'm having a major meltdown today. Pokey has been missing since Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Pokey learned how to use the dog door and started going out. He always stuck around right by the house. I think I accidentally left the dog door open Saturday night when going to bed and Pokey must have ventured out then. I haven't seen him since. I've gone around the neighborhood about 500 times- with and without Drake. Typically, Drake finds Pokey for me. I walked around late last night. I found two cats, but no Pokey. I went to a shelter today to look around- no Pokey. He is micro-chipped but didn't have a collar on. The micro-chipping company has put out alerts to vets and shelters in the area. I posted signs all over my neighborhood, but not one phone call today. I'm totally freaking out- and of course thinking the worst- especially since he always comes home and has never been out at night before. I feel like such a failure. If Jonathan were here, this wouldn't have happened. I let him down and can't even take care of our animals. Not to mention the sadness of possibly losing Pokey too. I'm so angry and sad- I can't even believe this is happening. I must have really done something wrong in life to deserve all of this heartache. I miss him so much. I'm just sick to my stomach. For anyone reading this, please pray that my baby comes home.

3 comments:
i am praying for you to find poky - i love you and i love poky -my grand cat--nora ---
Oh sweetie. I had no idea! Im sorry that Pokey has gone missing. I will pray for a safe and fast return.
Praying for Pokey and for you- love you- kim
Post a Comment