"He whom we love and lose is no longer where he was before. He is now wherever we are." -St. John Chrysostorn

Monday, May 31, 2010

BolderBoulder

Memorial Day is a day to remember those who lost their lives by serving this nation. It took on a whole new meaning for me this year. My heart truly understood what this day of remembrance means. Although it is a day for our fallen soldiers, I couldn't help but feel and think of Jonathan all day.
I ran the Bolder Boulder 10K today, just as I did last year. This year, there was no urgency to get home afterward. Last year, Jonathan waited for a guy to come out and give us an estimate on installing air conditioning. When I got home, the guy was still there. As we did when anyone was trying to sell us something, we stole looks  across the room as the guy blabbered on about this model or that filter. We could communicate how we were feeling and whether we trusted the guy, all without saying a word. I miss you.
My heart goes out to all the families and friends of fallen soldiers. I know how much this hurts.

2 comments:

Abby Killam said...

You actually did run it? I would have joined you but you didn't build me my wagon yet :o)
Glad that you were able to go, maybe I'll try to get in shape enough to go next year.
I'm summer-time free now so I'll call you. hugs

Kim Vanous said...

She didn't run- but she can blame it on me- too hard to run in my sexy shape up shoes :)

Post a Comment