"He whom we love and lose is no longer where he was before. He is now wherever we are." -St. John Chrysostorn

Friday, March 19, 2010

Healing moment

I think I had my first healing moment today- even with the massive amounts of snow. I worked from home today which is always nice. I think a lot of nice things have contributed to my feeling a bit better. I got a book in the mail from loving Abby, I decided to have Jonathan's truck looked at for problems (more of a closure type healing)- even if they find nothing wrong with the car, at least it will narrow things down. I think the unknown has been haunting me more than I realized. I went to Zach and Anne's for St. Patty's day and had corned beef and cabbage- yum. I went to Steamboat which was a great getaway. I bought some of my favorite beer. I talked to a couple of old friends from high school- that I haven't talked to for awhile. I realized today that I easily find beauty in everything. I'm slowly starting to feel more alive than I have ever known. A woman from work sent me a nice email saying that she and her family pray for me every day. I am remembering very unusual snippets of time with Jonathan- that I would have probably never otherwise thought of again. I took a bath and looked at my new vanity and remembered when the vanity was sitting in the garage and I was concerned about the pits in the granite. Jonathan did his best to tell me that granite has pits. I finally believed him. I remember crawling on my stomach between the top floor and the basement in order to help Jonathan get the drain pipe for the tub lined up correctly. I remember our first camping trip overlooking the Mogollon Rim. I remember our honeymoon up to BC and back. I remember stopping in Hood River, OR. What a beautiful place. I find myself saying little things that he used to say- in the way he used to say them. I wish days like today happened more often.  A little peace.

3 comments:

Abby Killam said...

this makes me smile... these are the little moments that you need to remind you that there even can be peace. I only hope that they grow each day. Glad you got the book- hope that it helps in some small way (but again a warning about the beginning) :o\ not easy I know but I think that is why it is powerful.
I will call you about dinner :o)
<3 and lots of hugs!

Lindsi B said...

Oh sweetheart. I am GLAD you have found a little healing....each and every little bit helps.
I think it is a GREAT idea to have Jonathan's truck looked at, I hope and pray that an answer will be found in that.
XOXOXO
Lindsi

keisling said...

Brie,
This makes me so happy to read. We are praying everyday for you to feel peace. How beautiful that you can remember and appreciate so much. You really are amazing and we miss you so much. Does your bank have any branches out here? ;)
Love you lots,
Mary

Post a Comment